Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jumping in Head First



Oh my, Detroit.

I love Detroit. Seriously.

I'm working in southwest Detroit, just a few miles south of the bridge over to Canada. In showing some maps to my mom, we realized that many of my Italian immigrant ancestors are buried in an old cemetery just a few blocks from my internship.

I am working for Neighborhood Centers, Inc. and am doing a lot of work with the park and playground development.

I'll certainly update on specific projects and meetings soon. Mostly I wanted to just get this started. Basically, i made the right decision. It feels good to be home.

2 comments:

Esperanzita said...

Awww, I'm so jealous and proud of you. Part of me wishes I had been more of a fighter and stayed in the US to fight the good fight-by that I mean changed things from the ground up, helping and doing and changing Creating the world I want to live in instead of just complaining about it and expecting it to just Be.

Rock out lady, you inspire me.

-Esperanza

Kirsten said...

i'm glad you finally feel at home :) i may be in town in the next couple of weeks.... i'll keep you posted. I also looked at the website for your agency. It looks like a really cool place! I can't wait to hear more! I've got to get back to my own learning contract now. lol. Love you